Official Webpage/blog of artist Andy Brase

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Yoda: Sketch to Ink + Summer Cons 2012

First up, I have a couple con appearances planned for the summer, including Wizard Chicago and Dragoncon.  I'll have an artist table at both with prints, artbooks, art, etc.  I'll try to give more info on my table #s closer to the events.  More show info at these links:

Wizard Chicago Comic Con 2012: Aug 9-12
Dragoncon Atlanta 2012: Aug 31- Sept 3

The Swamp Dweller
Here's a recent commission I did based on a familiar jedi master:)  I wanted to do my own spin on the character, but stay true to his nature. Creating an interesting swamp environment was my focus with this one, hence the title "The Swamp Dweller".  I wanted to add a few of my own slimy, alien critter designs to the swamp too.

Below I'm posting several steps from the rough sketch to finished ink drawing with a number of details too.  I hope you enjoy!

Rough Sketch

Swamp Dweller: Pencil Version

Lizard Pencil Detail

WIP Pencil photo

Ink Detail

Swamp Dweller: Ink Version

Skull Ink Detail

3 comments:

  1. Love your style--AND that you show the progression. AND that you show sketchbook pages along the side. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, your work is stunning! I have yet to find a thing about it that does not leave me in awe. Thanks for sharing. Roughly how much time did it take you to get from the pencil sketch as it is posted here, to the completed pencil detail?

    ReplyDelete